Studios: 020 8689 8099
Mobile: 07737 227 617
Studio 9, Fourth Floor
1-7 Dingwall Road
07737 227 617
Parking-must be booked in advance.
View the events page to see whats happening. Cant see what you fancy? Talk to us.
We are above Lloyds Bank, and the coffee shops by East Croydon station.
GPS-Walkers head for No1, drivers for No7.
Local Exchange Trading Systems
are a way for people to exchange their time and skills with each other using a local currency or "CR0s". It encourages mutual help in the community and the possibility of creating a, "alternative economy" based on need.
How do LETs work in CROYDON borough?
• Members identify skills they wish to offer and their current requirements for goods and services, which are listed and circulated in a directory or via a web site.
• Members contact each other directly, arrange a ‘trade’ amongst themselves and agree a price in “CR0s” which are transferred online (paper vouchers may also be used if there are facilities to manage them).
• Direct exchanges do not have to be made, as “CR0s” are used to record, and members can generate their own credit in order to give “CR0s” in exchange for goods or services received from other members
• Members may view or receive statements and newsletters, and social events take place, often hosted by individual members, where people can get to know each other and discover new opportunities for trading.
• The system is managed by a core group who share the workload.
LETs “CR0s” is • non-sterling, trading in “CR0s”
• a local skill-sharing pool
• an enriching, supportive network